go back in waiting room, wait for a bit longer. Finally get to see technician. She barely starts before telling me my bladder is TOO FULL. Back I go to the bathroom with my trusty cup. 2 cups this time. I'm convinced I'm done. Go back, she tries again. Sends me back to the bathroom again with the trusty (note: its a new cup! That would be GROSS) cup and 2 cups again. She still can't get a good picture (for ips screening - measuring fluid at the back of the head). She must have poked, prodded, moved my tummy around, slapped it, made me cough, get up get down, my uterus is shaking like I dont even know what but darn baby is being stubborn (well, look at its parents!). It moves for a sec but not enough time for the technician to get a decent shot. Finally, after about 20 mins of this she is able to get one decent shot and calls AJ in to see the pictures.
Baby has grown...still not as much as I thought but it was the coolest thing to see it go from a blob to something vaguely (and oh, I do mean vaguely) human. Can't wait for the next one in a month and a bit (although I will only be drinking a glass or two of water this time - technician told me they only need the bladder to be not empty - not overfull as I've been the last few times!!!)
Also told a friend at work today, K, which was cool. I'd only told L to this point, and that was more b/c she is expecting as well and due a month before me. K was super excited! Was really nice to share the news with someone at work today. She said we have to go downstairs and start oohing and aahing over the baby stores at lunch! If she only knew I've already done that, and the only thing keeping me from handing over the debit and coming home with a bunch of clothes is that i don't know what colour to buy! And i'm not into having either my girl dress butch or my boy dress flamboyant! (you pretty much have to know the gender here! There is very little that is actually unisex out there). Plus, I figure I'm saving $ by not buying new fall clothes for me (still not sure if I'm ok with this...not loving my wardrobe so far) this year so I can spend more on baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.