So we went over today to Aisha's grandparents home to give them the news.
Luckily for us, her Dad's parents, and her Mum's mum all live in the same building, so it easy to get it done in one shot. All of my grandparents have passed away, so I really think of AS's as my own, and was really eager for their prayers, and even though it's early, to tell them.
Aisha's Dad's parents took it great. They are all super excited to be great grandparents.
So first we show up to Nani's (mum's mum'). And as I slowly insist she eat something sweet, Aisha heads over to tell her...however, generally Aisha has had a history of letting her mum, or me (loud mouths that we are) do the talking. But this time I let her take the lead, so Aisha eloquently comes up with, "um.......ah.....ugh.....eee (I'm staring at her for like 5 minutes to get it over with) ah.....um.......
we're expecting!
Now Nani, who has been asking us for years about kids....is not one to get too excited about much, if anything.....and she didn't disappoint.
So she said........."oh"
That's it, "oh", not "OH!" or "OH?".... just "oh".
I know she's happy..and she really loves kids... and she'll be great with this one....so I'm expecting the "congratulations" to come by next week.
Aisha's mum on the other hand is the complete opposite!! She's over excited!
At this point...we're trying to keep it all hush hush as possible (12 weeks are taking forever), but my mother in law is just BURSTING, wanting to let it all out (she's not much with holding things close to her chest, but that's a whole other blog!!). It's quite sweet actually.
So as a family, amongst 20 people, all she wants to do is talk about "PREGANCY" for a "friend!"
So now ALL of us know more than we need to about GYN's and OBS's and placenta's and midwives, and epidurals. All for this "friend"!!
Pretty soon people are going to figure out 2+2=4
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.