Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Damn Cravings!

So we're in Vancouver on a nice little trip, and its a city that is really well know for its seafood. Sushi in particular.  Only problem is, Aisha can't eat sushi in her present "condition".

So we go out looking for dinner one night, and all she wants is sushi. I politely say, let's try something else, seeing as you can't eat it. But no, Aisha wants fish fish fish. Ok, there are cooked options at sushi places, so we go to check it out. Menu has nice teriyakis, tempura etc, but she still wants a fish. 
I can eat want, so I pick up my favourites of Salmon and Tuna sushi. 
Aisha orders a sushi roll, that turns out to be salmon or something rolled in nori, dipped in Tempura, and deep fried. Actually quite decent, and cooked, so Aisha can eat it. 
So we get the sushi, wait like 30 minutes for our takeout order, and bring it home. 
My lovely wife takes one bite of her roll, puts it down and says "I can't eat this, it tastes like fish!!"
Huh???
she ends up eating leftover rice instead.
now I am stuck eating  her 10 pieces and my 10 pieces and just can't do it, so I have to leave some of the sushi to eat for lunch the next day. 
And trust me, based on my experience from the next day, never EVER eat day old sushi!!
Damn Cravings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.