Yesterday both AJ and I went for massages at the Stillwater, which really is the best spa in Toronto. After the massage (which was soo needed), we had the chance to enjoy the spa for the day. AJ had a ball. Me? I was ravenously hungry and there wasn't much to entertain me.
The spa had an amazing sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi in each changeroom. Now, for those who don't know, when you are pregnant you can't go in ANY of these. So I spent my time watching TV in the cabana lounge and reading magazines in the tea lounge. AJ finally emerged after an hour to find me fully dressed and ready to leave. He was still in his bathrobe.
Then, we wanted to go for lunch. checked out the lunch menu at the Stillwater, which was INSANELY expensive ($28 for a salad!!) so we thought we'd go out for sushi. Another thing about pregnant ladies, you can't eat sushi. You also can't eat blue veined or raw milk cheeses (which happen to be my favorite) so that yummy gruyere and brie panini at wholefoods was out. So I ended up with a plate of cooked sushi, which was really just cooked pollack and normally would have grossed me out, but it hit the spot. Except I was still hungry...and couldn't share azhar's plate b/c it was all sashimi (which I can't eat)
I miss coffee. I don't see the point of drinking decaf so I've been without. I miss strong cheeses. The next 7 months will be loooong...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.