Friday, August 28, 2009

Week 1 to 7

So we've only known about this baby for 2 weeks, and already we've grown attached, which is great but scary at the same time. We already refer to "our baby this" and "our baby that".

So we found out in a cool way. Basically the day after we moved out of our little condo, and into our house. Sure, when we bought the place, we had thought about eventually filling with kids.

...BUT THE VERY NEXT DAY???

It was as if, this kid realized that there was now a spare bedroom available, and wanted to lay claim to it, before mummy set up her dressing room, or daddy set up his foozball table...So much for having a guest room!!

But it's cool too.. People say that when you have kids that God provides for them, so its funny that as soon as we were able to provide this baby a real home, that it decided to arrange an appointment to come live with us.

So how do I feel? Well, I sort of heard about it and forgot about it. AS had to remind me for three days, that in fact, we are going to have a baby. So once it got into my thick skull, on Day 4, I've been a mix of ecstatic, and scared as hell.

My only hope right now is that both AS and the baby stay healthy for the next 40 odd weeks.
It's harder than you think, but as each day goes by, I'm feeling a little more confident and a little more hopeful!!

I've already started naming him/her, in stages and he/she grows.
AS has insisted I keep track of the life stages as per her various books she is making me read.
(Did you know women get a "little" pregnant each month. I didn't! I love being a guy!)

So the baby has been named "speck" to "poppy" and is now named "blueberry".
I think "strawberry" and "apple" may be coming around the corner.

I can't wait for "watermelon" (AS is going to hate me when that happens!!)

AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.